USMLE Step 2 Blog

Monday, October 09, 2006

Getting Smart

For whatever reason, my school does not teach us much of anything until our final year of medical school. We don't even do any general medicine/surgery rotations until next year! It's going to make studying for Step 2 even harder because I'm going to have to teach it all to myself. Although there are 2 parts to Step 2 (CK = clinical knowledge and CS = clinical skills), most people say CS is a cakewalk with over 90% of people passing on their first try. Ergo, the majority of my time will be devoted to Step 2 CK.

So, what does this mean for me? It means I'm going to have to start studying as soon as possible. Possibly next week (which, oddly, is exactly what I said last week). No, seriously...I'm in the process of assembling my master book list and once I have then, I can start right away. My American friends swear by Kaplan, while the Canadians seem to like the Toronto Notes. I think it might be a good starting point to get First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CKand Kaplan USMLE Step 2 CK Qbook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home