USMLE Step 2 Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

Kaplan Qbook Surgery

Ok, am I the only one that is finding the Kaplan Qbook Surgery questions ridiculously tough? A stellar 56% on the first block, followed by an equally amazing 64% on the second block. I guess this is what I get by putting the cart in front of the horse -- I've actually done the questions before reading any surgery resources. I'm hoping that a little studying in the area will do the trick. But will it? See, this is my problem. The textbooks don't tend to tell you what's the next step in management, which is the area I'm finding the most difficulty in. Textbooks are great for telling you epidemiology, pathophysiology and all that stuff that you think you've forgotten, but really have lurking deep, deep inside that thing you call a brain. But I find that my books seem to lack a cohesive treatment plan for these diseases. I need a nice flowchart. A really nice one. Someone make a flowchart. Please?

216 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home