USMLE Step 2 Blog

Monday, October 30, 2006

Studying Blues


Studying has proven to be something of a challenge. It's not that we're terribly busy at school. If I haven't already mentioned this in my Step 1 Blog, here goes: Despite teaching medicine for nearly 200 years, my school is slightly retarded. The school remains determined to give us as little clinical exposure as (in)humanly possible. Also, we don't really learn medicine. We don't really learn anything actually. We do, however, spend an inordinate amount of time sitting in poorly ventilated lectures re-learning everything from 3rd year all over again. By the time I get home from class, I'm pretty pooped. Then I get to make dinner, and do laundry. Suddenly it's 10pm and I'm just about falling asleep at my desk. Something has got to change. I'm thinking at this point, I'll just give up going to class and stay at home and study for Step 2.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home