USMLE Step 2 Blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

New Book Discovered

Step 2 Mock Exam. It's written by the same guy who wrote Crush and Step 2 Secrets -- Adam Brochert. Everyone says that the book sucks. I've done the first block of 50 questions and here's what I think and what I've been told. Lots of questions are those crappy 'which of the follow DOESN'T apply' type, so you have to think in reverse to get the answers correct. Apparently, the real exam doesn't use this line of questioning. Also, the questions in this book are extremely long. Like seriously long. Most of the time, I just read the last sentence which contained the actual question. Then I read the appropriate sections of text above, trying to find clues on how to answer the question. Very tedious work, and to be honest, I don't need tedious at this point in my life. I'm going to try a few more blocks, and we'll see if this one gets tossed into the paper shredder. By the way, finished that first block with a 74%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home